Friday, December 11, 2009

Food Friday: Black Bean Cakes

Damn, putting those Black Bean Cakes together was much harder than I originally thought. Specifically mushing up the beans with a fork required a great deal of strength. If I had a hand blender or food processor I would have used that. Instead I baked them in a dish while they were half-mushed. They turned ok as a side dish to the marinated fish from Trader Joe's.The next day they were more solid, so I tried to mold them into "cakes" and baked them at 400 degrees for about half an hour. That worked much better. Though now I am soooo sick of black beans. I never thought I'd see the day. This is definitely a recipe I won't be trying again. Well at least until I get something to blend the beans.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home