Friday, August 15, 2008

Damn, I'm going to miss this.

Saw an awesome band last night, the prigs at the rockwood. Too bad I can't seem to get their CD anywhere. I caught the tail end of the set before, which I instantly wished I'd seen too, Jeff Taylor and Elizabeth Ziman.

All summer I've been picking random shows to go to by finding people who play with other artists I like. A lot of this music has started with Chris Thile/Punch Brothers/Michael Daves. And so far it really hasn't disappointed me and it isn't all country bluegrass, it's just good. Because really good music is good and bad music is bad. And there is a lot of good music in NYC. I just hope that Pittsburgh has a good music scene too. Though I'll be starting from scratch there.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home