Thursday, October 20, 2005

Bookity book

I just finished three more books. The first 2 were so boring and predictable that I don't know why I even bothered finishing them, so I won't even go into naming what they were. The third was Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer, which I liked, though I found the style of the book a little too modern and experimental for me. It reminded me a lot of The History of Love : A Novel by Nicole Krauss. Both novels had a tendency to jump around a bit, though Everything is Illuminated had a much broader timeline, stretching from the 18th Century to the present day. Also both novels had the same tone of telling a history, but not a straightforwad one. Both told their stories in a somewhat circular fashion and never made anything crystal clear. I suppose this is the modern way to tell a story, but I wonder if we will look back and see novels like these as masterpieces or simply books.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you know that Jonathan Safran Foer and Nicole Krauss are married?

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home