Thursday, October 20, 2005

Bookity book

I just finished three more books. The first 2 were so boring and predictable that I don't know why I even bothered finishing them, so I won't even go into naming what they were. The third was Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer, which I liked, though I found the style of the book a little too modern and experimental for me. It reminded me a lot of The History of Love : A Novel by Nicole Krauss. Both novels had a tendency to jump around a bit, though Everything is Illuminated had a much broader timeline, stretching from the 18th Century to the present day. Also both novels had the same tone of telling a history, but not a straightforwad one. Both told their stories in a somewhat circular fashion and never made anything crystal clear. I suppose this is the modern way to tell a story, but I wonder if we will look back and see novels like these as masterpieces or simply books.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you know that Jonathan Safran Foer and Nicole Krauss are married?

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home