Saturday, January 24, 2009

mittens?

I've been meaning to make these lovely squirrelly mittens for ages. I started them this week and love the pattern, but not loving the colors. I think I need colors that contrast better than these do. Which means going back into the stash. I do have some lovely green handspun which may work. I think I'll let these mitten rest a few days before I decide to rip them out or not.

What do you think, to rip or not? I think I can do something much better with this blue/brown handspun.

I kind of want to finish these while I'm still living in Squirrel Hill and put 2009 on the thumbs. Hopefully next winter I'll maybe make some Brooklyn mittens with baby carriages, watertowers or bridges on them.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually really like them! Maybe add red or something for a chunk of rounds to give it some contrast? It'd be such a shame to rip it out!

7:16 AM  
Blogger Elise said...

Oh I have a feeling they just weren't meant to be though.

10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would rip them--I think that's what you're feeling like you should do too. Always go with your instinct. I think the variation of color in the handspun obscures the motifs too much. That same variation that doesn't work here would be stunning in the right project.

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home