Friday, October 30, 2009

Food Friday: I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghetti

I recently picked up a copy of a new cooking memoir titled I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghetti by Giulia Melucci. It is an engaging look at the ways that Melucci's romantic life has overlapped with her love of food and cooking. And it has recipes! I've even made a few and enjoyed the results. My favorite so far is the recipe for pastina. It is one of the simplest recipes, but most satisfying. I have had pastina in my cupboard for years, after putting it in a vegetable soup, and never knew how else to use it. I would have never thought of boiling it until it is cooked and the water is almost gone and then adding a beaten egg and some parmesan cheese to it. It's so simple and delicious and I may even make it for dinner and add some of the roasted eggplant and zucchini leftover from last night.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home