Saturday, October 03, 2009

Eggplant fries

Until very recently I thought I didn't like eggplant, but then again I never had it growing up and I tried roasting it a few years ago and it turned out awful. But now I think eggplant is becoming one of my favorite vegetables. Since I discovered this wonderful stew, which I add rice to, which makes it more like a main dish and less soupy.
So Yummy!
Last night I tried an idea I got last weekend for eggplant fries. I adapted this recipe, substituting the breadcrumb mixture for a mix of flour and cajun seasoning. They turned out wonderful, hence I have no leftovers. Next time I probably won't use parchment paper though, since it turned black on the edges and I was afraid it was going to catch fire in such a hot oven. I also had two cookies sheets, one I took out sooner than the other, so the first was soft and the second was crunchy. For fries I will probably opt to leave them in longer so they are nice and crunchy in the future. I'm also thinking of using a similar recipe to make eggplant for eggplant parmesan, roasting them for about 10 minutes so it will stay soft and not crunchy like the fries.

I still have some apples leftover, which I will probably use for this apple cake and a fry up with sausage and onions. I will probably buy some more soon just to make more apple butter.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger pianogirlrach said...

I've made Eggplant parmesan before by roasting the eggplant. It was very good and a much lower calorie version of the breaded and fried eggplant you get in most restaurants. I used this recipe http://weight-watchers-points-recipes.blogspot.com/search?q=eggplant

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home