Thursday, January 31, 2008

recipe, no pictures yet

The lucy cardi is done now and I've even worn it, but there are no pictures yet to share. I hope to have one this weekend. In the meantime, I improvised a quick pasta dish that turned out pretty well, so I decided to write up a little recipe. I thought this up while walking to work one morning and jotted some ingredients down, which then became this dish. I think I will definitely be making this again.

Green Olive and Sun dried Tomato Pasta
10 - 12 sun dried tomatoes, dried package, not in oil
1 onion chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 package button mushrooms chopped
1 jar pitted green salad olives, buy them chopped up if you can, and drain them before adding
1 cup white wine
zest of one lemon
1 pound pasta, I used spaghetti
1 cup pasta water

Place sun dried tomatoes in boiling water for 10 minutes, when they are soft, chop them up.

Put water with salt in large pot to boil for the pasta. Add pasta when water starts to boil. You can chop the rest of the ingredients when waiting. While it boils saute sun dried tomatoes, onion, mushrooms and olive oil in a wide skillet for 5 minutes. Then turn up heat up. When liquid is almost gone add the white wine. Let wine cook off for a couple minutes and then add the olives. Let the olives heat through and then add lemon zest. Add 1 cup pasta water to dilute the sauce.

Make sure to keep watch on pasta when doing this, so you can drain it (and reserve 1 cup pasta water) when it is cooked through. Toss pasta with the saute. You can add grated cheese or serve as is.


If you are like me you end up cooking for at least four people, so this becomes lunch for the next two days. So far it's been lunch a few times and I've yet to get sick of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home