Monday, January 11, 2010

Music Monday: Pbingo 9

I thought about postponing Music Monday because I just didn't know what to say about the Punch Brothers concert at the Living Room Thursday night. It was the best way to kick off the 2010 concert going year. I knew it would be a good time, but thought it would have mostly been songs I'd heard before, so it was a real treat to hear a lot of new songs. My favorite was called "You Are" for now, I can't wait to hear it again because the song was so powerful and full of pain. Just incredible. Plus I got to hear two members of the Grand Ole Opry, Dierks Bentley and Jon Randall, so if I never get to Nashville it's like I've been there. I honestly wonder how many people at the Living Room realized who these people were, I don't think the people who show up here really overlap with most of country music.
Oh yeah, through some stroke of luck I ended up sitting so close I was almost on the stage. I don't expect that to happen again.

Aww yeah.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home