I have no clue how this happened, but it did. Last time I was home Mom showed me her socks, which looked something like this.
Now I have some extra yarn to patch things up so like a good daughter I took them home with me and began fixing them.
I thought the holes were a bit too big to darn so I picked up stitches above and below the holes.
I knit in a k1 slip1 pattern on the right side and purled on the wrong side and knit together with a stitch on each side.. Maybe this time they will last a bit longer.
Since, she really only wears these around the house I didn't need to worry about seams rubbing against her foot in a shoe. All together, they are as good as new!
I'm bringing them home with me this weekend - I hope this makes for a nice early Mother's day gift.
Labels: knitting, socks