Monday, November 09, 2009

Music Monday: Lists

When I was hanging out with two friends this past weekend we wandered into a record store. As we browsed we began to share some of our favorite artists and albums. I quite seriously suggested that we make lists for each other of musicians to check out. This never happened, but it got me thinking what music I would recommend to others.

Punch Brothers/Chris Thile/any of the other PB
Rilo Kiley/Jenny Lewis
Surfjan Stevens
Elizabeth and the Catapult
The Very Best
Avett Brothers
Neko Case
Vienna Teng/Alex Wong
Ben Sollee
Crooked Still
Arcade Fire
Magnetic Fields

See Live (all of the above, plus):
Andrew Bird
A Hawk and a Hacksaw

This is just a starter list. I'm a bit of a music rut, so I'd gladly take some new suggestions!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Patient Petunia said...

You should try Frank Black and the Catholics - Start with the album "Dog in the Sand" - think The Pixies - annoyingly long screaming + history lessons + great guitars.

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home