Saturday, September 27, 2008

My muir and the dumb mistake

I started a muir shawl in the lovely laceweight malabrigo. It was soft and airy and swore I have enough yarn to complete it. I have almost finished the 6th repeat of 13. I was going to shorten it a bit, but not this short. So I looked up the pattern, and oops it looks like I need at least 2 skeins of malabrigo, but probably closer to three. And in my packing haze in August I am almost certain I threw out the ballband, so the dyelot will be impossible to match. So what do I do? Rip it out and start something else? Try to match the yarn as closely as I can and not worry if the dyelots don't match?

I think I'm going to sit on this for a week before I make a final decision here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home